BritCham is Hiring. Position - Executive Director
We are very excited to announce that the following job position is now available at BritCham: Executive Director.
The Chamber is now looking to fill the position of Executive Director as Olivia moves on to take the role of Director for the UK's Department of International of Trade in Cambodia.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the position, which will commence on the 1st October. Full details of the Job Description and application process can be found below.
Position: Executive Director
Location: Phnom Penh
Reports to: The Executive Committee (Board) of the Chamber & Head of DIT Cambodia
Hours: 12 months (renewable). Full time. 40 hours a week with 18 days of leave entitlement per annum.
The Chamber offers a competitive remuneration package, including salary, leave entitlement and health insurance.
About the British Chamber of Commerce
Since 1995 the British Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia has established itself as the leading forum for businesspeople with an interest in Cambodia and the UK. Furthermore, the Chamber is a founding member of the European Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia and a member of the Britain in Southeast Asia (BiSEA) Network.
Our mission is to assist our members in building their business networks, to connect them to each other and to others, to create business opportunities for them, and to help them grow their business. The Chamber currently has 87 corporate and individual members across a number of key sectors in Cambodia. Information on the Chamber can be found on the website.
We also promote trade between the UK and Cambodia, focusing particularly on encouraging business-to-business (B2B) links. The British Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia is the official delivery partner of the UK Government and the UK Department of International Trade’s (DIT) Overseas Business Network initiative (OBNi). We offer core Business Services Support to UK companies who are interested in exporting or doing business in Cambodia. Information on our services can be found on the website.
The Executive Director will be responsible for managing and developing the Chamber’s core activity areas, reporting to the Board and the Head of DIT.
He/she will be assisted by and will need to manage a team of two in each of the core activity areas of the Chamber. The Executive Assistant will support the Executive Director in the management of the Chamber’s functions. The Business Services Officer will support the Executive Director in delivering Business Services support to UK exporters.
Managing and developing the functions of the Chamber
- Increasing membership and organising events with the support of the Chamber Board and sub-committees;
- Managing and developing the Chamber’s communications and marketing;
- Managing and developing the Chamber’s partnerships;
- Managing and developing an efficient Chamber operations and budget.
Managing the delivery of Business Services support to UK exporters
- Delivering on Business Services support to UK companies;
- Promoting Cambodia as an export destination to UK companies;
- Identifying Business Opportunities and developing a future strategy of activities;
- Managing the delivery of the OBNi’s Grant requirements and budget.
International travel, particularly to the UK and within the Southeast Asian region, will be required within the scope of the position. Some travel within Cambodia is also anticipated.
A detailed outline of the responsibilities and duties is available upon request.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree qualification in business, marketing or related field
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in Government or the private sector
- Strong business development and marketing/communications skills
- Experience in events management
- Experience of managing a team
- Excellent inter-personal skills and experience of partnership working
- High level of personal initiative and independent working
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Proven record of delivering results, including accuracy and attention to detail
- A hands-on approach and ability to interchange from high level strategic thinking to practical operational and administrative work.
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of UK and Cambodian business markets
- Experience in online/web-based platforms/systems
- Graduate and/Master degree level
- Khmer language skills an advantage
Please send your CV and cover letter to the Executive Director, Olivia Widen at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be received on or before Friday 9th September 2016 COB.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. It is to the discretion of the Chamber to provide feedback on selection to applicants.
Employment offers are subject to the successful clearance of pre-employment checks and criminal checks. You must be eligible to work in Cambodia. No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
The British Chamber of Commerce Cambodia is an equal opportunities employer and will consider all candidates irrespective of ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation and disabilities.
Please contact Olivia Widen for any questions at email@example.com or 012-323-121