Job opportunity with Britcham: Executive DirectorThe British Chamber of Commerce Cambodia is looking for an Executive Director.
Position: Executive Director
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reporting to: BritCham Chairman, BritCham Board
Assisted by: BritCham staff team
About the British Chamber of Commerce Cambodia
Since 1995 the British Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia has established itself as the leading forum for businesspeople with an interest in Cambodia and the UK. Furthermore, the Chamber is a founding member of the European Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia and a member of the Britain in Southeast Asia (BiSEA) Network.Our mission is to assist our members in building their business networks, to connect them to each other and to others, to create business opportunities for them, and to help them grow their business. The Chamber currently has over 90 corporate and individual members across a number of key sectors in Cambodia.
We also promote trade and investment between the UK and Cambodia, focusing particularly on encouraging business-to-business (B2B) links. The British Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia is the official delivery partner of the UK Government and the UK Department for International Trade Overseas Business Network initiative. We offer core Business Services Support to UK companies who are interested in exporting or doing business in Cambodia and promote opportunities in Cambodia to UK businesses via our Exporting is GREAT website.
The Executive Director is a full time position. This person is responsible for successfully managing BritCham’s day to day operations, including but not limited to; growing the membership, increasing chamber awareness, planning and managing events, chamber finances, proactively managing the chambers business services to the UK. The Executive Director reports to the BritCham Chairman and BritCham Committees on operational matters, and reports to the BritCham Executive Board on strategic issues, budgets and targets.
The Executive Director is responsible for maintaining an efficient internal operation including delivering targets; budget control and monthly reports to the Board and managing the chambers grant commitments through monthly reports to DIT regionally and in London. The Executive Director is responsible for increasing membership and running events with support from the BritCham Board and Committees. The Executive Director is the first point of contact for enquiries, and is responsible for internal and external communication and marketing.
The Executive Director is the partnership contact for DIT and for BiSEA (British in South East Asia), and will work with the Business Services Department on delivering DIT’s Overseas Business Networks Initiative. Some international travel, to the UK and within the South East Asia region, is required within the scope of this position. The Executive Director will recruit and manage a growing team, who will assist in all areas to support the sustainable growth of the chamber.
The Executive Director will be responsible for the following activities:
· Provide secretariat functions to the BritCham Board and Committees
· Manage a diary of events and meetings
· Participate in Committee meetings
· Proactively promote the chamber and its activities in market, regionally and in the UK
· Issue invoices and manage credit control
· Secure sponsorship funding for events and for BritCham
· Report monthly to DIT on grant spending and activities
· Monitor and report on Monthly updates with the Finance committee
· Plan, organise and run profit-making business and social events as defined by the Events Committee
· Secure speakers and sponsorship for events
· Work with other Chambers on joint events Marketing
· Promote BritCham activities and events through Facebook, Linked In and the BritCham website, plus other online and offline media
· Manage and update the BritCham website, Facebook page and Linked In group
· Produce monthly newsletters for members and the wider network
· Maintain the mailing lists
· Promote BritCham membership in general, and identify specific possible members
· Work with the MarComms and Membership Committees to create an improved benefits package
· Maintain the membership database
· Manage membership relations and benefits Collaboration
· Attend twice-yearly BiSEA conferences and work with BiSEA partners on joint initiatives
· Maintain contact with UKTI in Cambodia and London
· Build relationships with Cambodia-based Chambers, British Business Worldwide, British Chambers of Commerce and similar organisations
DIT Overseas Business Networks Initiative
· Work with Head of DIT in Cambodia to finalise project implementation
· Work with Business Services Department to deliver marketing, events and enquiry responses to UK companies
· Actively promote business opportunities within Cambodia for export to UK companies through the Exporting is Great website
· Manage the Business Services team to meet monthly and annual targets agreed with DIT
Closing date for applications will be Monday 18th September 2017
Employment will be on a one-year rolling contract with BritCham Cambodia.
Salary: The Chamber offers a competitive remuneration package, including salary, leave entitlement and health insurance.
Benefits: Cambodian business visa and work permit
Please send your CV and cover letter to the Executive Director, Ritchie Munro at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be received on or before Monday 18th September 2017.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. It is to the discretion of the Chamber to provide feedback on selection to applicants.
Employment offers are subject to the successful clearance of pre-employment checks and criminal checks. You must be eligible to work in Cambodia. No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
The British Chamber of Commerce Cambodia is an equal opportunities employer and will consider all candidates irrespective of ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation and disabilities.
Please contact Ritchie Munro for any questions at email@example.com or 012-323-121